Tuesday, June 3, 2014

New York City pt. I


SFO to EWR
Tung Tong Thai Restaurant







Shirt, playsuit (romper) and flats from H&M // stradivarius leather jacket // bag from Marshalls








 


Here are some pictures from our trip to New York (day 1 and 2), and boy, oh boy, what a beautiful city! 
I flew from SFO to Newark alone, my sister and Jesica flew from LA and we met up at the Newark airport. Going to the airport was quite an "adventure" for me, I had the 7AM flight but I had to go at 10PM the night before the flight because my friends were telling me it's not safe to go on BART alone at 3 in the morning. I slept a little at the airport and slept almost the whole way to EWR. We met up and went to our host's apartment (we used airbnb — it's a great way to find a place to stay with reasonable prices). It was pretty late so we just had some dinner at this thai restaurant near the apartment and it was super!
The next day, we started our day with some dunkin donuts! I realized (after my sister told me) that the donut here in US is different from the one in Indonesia. We they took the subway to central park, it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, we went to the South area and walk around for a little bit and then we decided to go somewhere else, on our way to somewhere we stopped by this gigantic toy store called F.A.O., it was awesome! We had too much fun in there. Next stop was the Empire State Building, we want our trip to be as touristy as possible since none of us had ever been to New York, the view was beautiful and I had a little Gossip Girl moment up there. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to go to the MET museum, but I would love to go there the next time I visit New York. We ended our day with Times Square, it was pretty amazing, most of the places are closed around 9 in San Francisco and it was pretty late and now I know why they call it the city that never sleep.
Enough of my ramblings, recaping a whole day filled with adventures and laughters into a post is not as easy as I thought it would be. I hope you enjoy reading this though.

-Sophia

pictures : michaela huang & me

2 comments:

  1. I love new york so much! Hope you enjoy yourself xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your photos look amazing! Looks like you had so much fun, too bad gossip girl is over or you could have stalked them shooting the series lol

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com
    ♥♥♥ Enter to Win AMAZING Beauty Products♥♥♥
    Elle Charie on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete