Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Things On My Face


I wouldn't consider myself as a makeup junkie but who knows what's going to happen in the next year, right?

For the last month or so, the things you see up there are the things I put on my face. It seems like a lot to me, but hey, I'm just a girl that's experimenting with makeup (yes, I made plenty of mistakes in the past). I like to keep my face relatively simple, no smokey eyes whatsoever. And as you can see, I'm a drugstore girl. I'd love to try some higher end stuff, but I haven't decide what I want to try yet.

I've bought a few foundations before and most of them are the wrong undertone, when I see the product in the bottle it didn't seem like a wrong undertone but when I put the product on my face it was too pink. I've been using the same foundation that I brought from Bali (the only one with the right undertone for me) and it was running really low and I needed a new one ASAP. I tried out some BB cream that I like but it breaks me out so I had to stop using it. So I did some research and found Revlon Nearly Naked. So far it has been doing a great job, this is a relatively new product for me. It's not too heavy but give a bit of coverage, which what I was aiming for.

Next up is concealer. I used to use all-in-one concealer from The Body Shop and  ran out of it. I was debating of should I get the same one or try something new, of course I went with trying something new. I've read and watched so many great review about Maybelline Fit Me concealer so I gave it a shot. I personally think it's meh — I don't hate it and I don't love it either. I have awful blue-purple circles under my eyes and this concealer doesn't cover it but it covers my blemishes like magic. I'm still in the hunt for new concealer, let me know if you have any recommendations. 

I use the Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Sculpting Trio in Sweet or Clair Light. I'm pretty happy with it. I like how compact it is. Bronzer, highlighter, and blush in one. I never really thought of buying Sephora's own brand before, but I'm glad I bought this. The colors are very subtle and I'm really pleased with it.

For my brows, I just filled it in with the grey and brown eyeshadow in the middle of Sephora's Natural Instinct palette (which they don't have anymore) and then I set it with some disgusting looking MAC brow set that used to be clear (oops). I use some of the eyeshadow for my eyes as well. The shadows are a little bit chalky but I can handle it. Usually I use Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (which I love) underneath the shadows. I have super oily eyelids and this thing stays on all day. It's not matte, but I don't mind. You can build it up for more intense look, but I like to keep it on the simple side. For my lashes, I use Maybelline's (wow, can you tell I love Maybeline?) Rocket Volum' Express waterproof mascara. I like the volume it gives to my lashes, but the brush is huge and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I finish everything up with two products: loose face powder from the Body Shop to set everything up and Tarte's Amazonian Butter Lipstick in watermelon —which I love and talked about before in my May Favorites.

Wow, that's a long one. Hope I didn't hurt your eyes..
What's your favorite beauty/makeup product? Or do you have any recommendations for me?

-Sophia

26 comments:

  1. I stop using bb cream too cause its break my skin :(
    Oh btw, im using etude's product :D

    Http://www.twinklelittleheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the feeling of bb cream though, I'm still in the hunt of a good one ;) x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this make up routine :) i'm totally gonna try the eyebrow ,,coloring'' with eyeshadow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find using eyeshadow is a lot faster than having to draw them with pencil! x

      Delete
  3. I used to use Maybelline's Rocket mascara too and it worked really well for me.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post !!
    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sephora blush/bronzer/highlighter trio, I'm a big fan of practical packaging! also, the color tattoos are amazing
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The trio are amazing to travel with! x

      Delete
  6. AMAZZZING make up! LOVE the colour palette! So awesome!
    Kisses
    xoBeckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look lovely, thanks for sharing!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a funny thing about make-up... I find I acquire a lot of different products, even if I keep going to the same ones over and over again. For me, skincare is the most important. I can't live without my Lancome foaming facewash.
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skin care is very important! Lancome facewash sounds amazing x

      Delete
  9. That palette looks fantastic! :)
    http://www.jordysbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will definitely have to try out some of these products! :-) I am considering buying the Revlon foundation, would you recommend it for someone with oily skin?

    - Janice | closetofapetite

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sephora palette

    http://indiemaria28.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete