Friday, September 26, 2014

Autumn Lips

make up forever in copper pink (N9) // wet n wild in red velvet (910D) // rimmel london lasting finish by kate moss in 01 // wet n wild in cherry bomb (918D)




I used to think beauty bloggers are insane for having that much lipstick in their collection; but now I get it, lipsticks are guilty pleasures for me. I don't have that much of them now, but my collection is growing faster than I thought it would, oops. 

Today I'll share some of my favorite lipsticks for the colder months with you! I got this mini Make Up Forever lipstick last week as my early birthday gift from Sephora and I think this is a really nice "my lips but better" color for me. It's sheer and smooth, but it doesn't last very long and I have to reapply quite often (if you have any suggestion from other brands with similar color, please let me know). For bolder days, I wear red lips. I recently tried on red lips (here) and I am hooked. Red Velvet by Wet n Wild is matte and more vibrant than the one from Rimmel. But I personally prefer the formula of the Rimmel Lasting Finish better because it is a lot smoother, smells amazing, and easier to wipe off at the end of the day. And lastly, my very first berry color, oh gosh, I was so scared that I won't like the color on me, so I played it safe and got Cherry Bomb by Wet n Wild. I never thought of wearing dark, berry lipstick but thanks to other bloggers who look so amazing with their berry lips, I had to give it a go.

What's your favorite lipstick shade for autumn? Do you have any recommendations for me?
-Sophia

32 comments:

  1. Victoria NightingaleSeptember 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM

    Love these colours so much. Favourite has to be Cherry Bomb :)


    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipsticks definitely are my guilty pleasure. My collection is slowly growing! All these shades look so lovely. A few years ago i would never of dreamed of wearing a dark lip shade, but now i absolutely love them. I even look forward to the colder months so i can wear them :). I am loving "All Out Gorgeous" from MAC, the formulation and the colour is amazing. It is also really long lasting on the lips as well. Which is a major bonus!


    katielouise-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the red velvet color really suit you :)

    http://www.twinklelittleheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colours all look really great on you. I love the Cherry Bomb one in particular. I'm yet to try a red lip myself.

    lexiesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wet n wild - cherry bomb ! Its such a beautiful shade :)


    Caitriona Tighe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lipsticks are kind of essential for me during cold days, they let me play with colors and have fun with bold shades. I loved Cherry Bomb, all of the colors look beautiful on you. I've got a red lipstick from NYX, called Merlot and its a dark red matte color. You should give it a try, it would look lovely on you!


    Fabi | www.halfwaytonewyork.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look UNREAL in all of them! Such a beauty.

    xo,
    Lela
    ( Enter to win my Youtube comp! - http://www.lelalondon.com/2014/09/youtube-giveaway-win-google-nexus-7/ )

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first lipstick is soo YOUR COLORS. i love it on you :)
    p.s. you r beautiful


    http://itsrozee.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recommendation, Katie! That color is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! You should, I was scared I'll get it all over my teeth or face, but that was just me overthinking! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I love red lipsticks, I'll definitely check it out, thank you for the recommendation, Fabi! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the colours.

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Make Up Forever Lipstick is such a stunning shade, I really like that along with the others you have chosen. You look beautiful! :)
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely picks indeed! I've actually never seen that WnW shade before, it's so bright and peppy - quite a unique red! Also love the MUFE nude :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Tasha! It is quite bright and bold, go check it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the red velvet one from Wet n Wild. Wet n Wild lipsticks are my favorite - I have tried so many other lipsticks that are either too sticky or too dry, but theirs are perfect.


    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the berry colour! Looks amazing! :)

    littlefizzie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dark berry shade looks amazing on you! Need to give it a try :)

    www.alwaysalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great lips, great hair!

    http://vivid-room.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the red velvet lipstick! All these shades look nice and pigmented too x

    http://simplylindaa.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's very pigmented, but I recommend piling on lip balm underneath it though, it's quite drying x

    ReplyDelete