Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Air Plant





I needed an air plan for a midterm project that I'll share soon and of course that's the best reason to get one — wink, wink. As you know, I got some cacti few months ago and not too long ago, and I decided to repotted them a little while ago. Unfortunately, they're dead and I don't know why. Is it because I didn't get a new soil for it? I don't know. 

I went to a beautiful plant store called Utsawa Floral Design at the Tenderloin (don't worry, I went to the safer area). It wasn't hard to spot the store and once I went inside I felt like a kid in a candy store. I can't stop smiling, the whole store is filled with gorgeous plants, never thought I'm a plant person but hey, I learn something new everyday. There were so many cacti and succulents, I can't get over it. The owner kindly gave me a very, very, very helpful guide on how to take care of the air plant — spray once every 4-5 days at night, bright indirect sunlight is the best, give the plant some fresh air. 

Now I have this little guy hanging near bed, looking all fancy and hopefully it will stay with me a little longer than my cacti.

What do you think of air plants?

-Sophia

33 comments:

  1. I'm all about the Air Plants....it's easy to care for and adds character to any room for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria NightingaleOctober 22, 2014 at 11:11 AM

    I like air plants! That shop looks so nice :)


    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. great impressions! SO NICE

    x Maria

    New outfit post up on my blog

    featuring MY FIRST SUIT

    Let me know what you think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a notorious plant killer, air plants have really appealed to me! I just don't know where to get one in my area. Must research!

    x beauty, style, life | bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
  5. these kinds of plants are so pretty and dainty!


    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these photos xx

    www.itssuperfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these plants ! They look super cute and they're so low maintenance!

    Linda x

    http://simplylindaa.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plants are so pretty! Also love the photography!

    http://justanotherstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the aesthetic - it looks just lovely in that glass terrarium!


    http://mademois-elle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable idea
    I love aloe
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    <a href="http://www.indiansavage.com”>Maggie Dallospedale fashion diary- Fashion Blog</a>

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your photos :) great plants!

    xo,
    alysamadisun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the clear planter int he first photo. im obsessed with cactus plants at the moment. just like everyone else! I have all mine in little pots though, so a new way to display them would be cool
    www.quitequaint.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree! They're easier than cacti! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck! Let me know if find any! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree! The glass terrarium makes it look even better! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cactus! But I just killed mine and haven't had the chance to get a new one x

    ReplyDelete
  17. GET HOT UPDATE OF INDIAN MOVIE OF http://www.guruofmovie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am struggling to keep my succulents/cacti alive after repotting them. Please share if you find the answer to our problem!

    ReplyDelete