Monday, November 3, 2014

Something Thrifted #2


I went thrifting – again. This time I found a denim number. I've been trying to find a nice denim jacket after I took over my sister's denim jacket at the beginning of the summer for a little while before she took it home to Bali with her and I actually miss wearing it. From the worn off look and the softness of this jacket, there's no doubt that this denim jacket is well-loved by the previous owner. 

This jacket is actually a size 10 and I love the oversized look of it, it makes everything look more relaxed and it gives enough warmth for the transitional weather. I'm planning to change the plastic blue buttons to some metal ones. I'm not sure where I can find metal buttons here but I'll report back once I changed it!

Do you like denim jackets?

-Sophia

16 comments:

  1. Victoria NightingaleNovember 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM

    Ooh lovely denim piece :)


    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love denim jackets! Wish I had one now though :( Abi :)

    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a great fan of denim jackets! I own one and wear it almost daily now that the weather is quite cold.


    Fabi | www.halfwaytonewyork.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a cute demin jacket! Especially in this weather x
    http://simplylindaa.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally prefer the look of won denim jackets much more than brand new ones - they definitely look softer and less boxy, and I think the oversized look is perfect for this time of year too. I don't often go thrifting but there are some great vintage stores in London which I really should check out, lots of my friends always seem to find the nicest clothes from thrift shops xx

    Angelica // One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a really blue denim jacket but didn't think about looking in vintage shops. Definitely going to get looking now.


    daisychurchward.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the jacket! What a great find :)


    www.stylemeendless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Abi! You should try to find one, they are so easy to style! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I sometimes add scarf with it too, to keep me warm ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! They are a lot softer than a brand new denim jacket! you should go try to go to thrift shops, you'll never know what you'll find x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally should, the effort is so worth it once you find a nice one! x

    ReplyDelete