Monday, December 22, 2014

Flying Essentials



Ah, it's almost Christmas, which means it's time fly to my hometown. I always make sure I have list of things that I will need for my trip and of course, the long haul flight (13.5 hours to Taiwan and then another 5 hours to Bali) that I am not looking forward to. Anyway, today I'll be sharing some things I take on the plane! At times like this, I don't care if I look like the least stylish person on earth, I just want to be comfortable and to be able to actually enjoy my flight,

Wear: Always something comfortable, I always go for layering (can never go wrong with t-shirt and oversized sweater), leggings or loose pants (I can't wear jeans on such long flight, too restricting), scarf, sneakers, backpack, and no jewelries at all.

General: Passport, tickets, money, phone, food, and water are probably the most important things. Other than that, I'll always need my portable charger, laptop, headphones, snacks, my glasses (I have horrible eye sight and I don't think I can handle 18+ hours wearing contacts), and a book or something else to entertain me when everything ran out of battery.

Care: Moisturizer, lotion, hand cream, face wipes, face wash, dry shampoo, and small perfume are basically all I need, I try to streamline everything.

What do you usually bring on the plane?

-Sophia

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post - I don't fly that often, though, I only travel by train. I always have some hand cream with me but trains don't dry your face out so I never take moisturizers et cetera with me. Is that l'Occitane hand cream nice, by the way? I've been dreading to try it! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria NightingaleDecember 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM

    Lovely little post, I'll be flying in Easter for a long time so it's good to have a few tips on how to handle a long flight :)


    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, love! The hand cream is really nice even though this is not my favorite scent. But to be honest, I don't see much difference between this one and the ones from other brands, I'd say get the small ones and see how you like it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm really glad you find it helpful! Have fun on your trip! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're looking for a hand cream with a nice scent, I suggest you try The Body Shop! I always feel like licking my fingers after putting it on, gross, i know, but it smells so nice! Especially the green apple and strawberry ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely reminds me that I always neglect skincare when I'm on the plane! Hopefully I remember to put a little bit more effort in when I fly next month :) x

    Mel // <a href="http://izzipenelope.blogspot.com.au”>izzipenelope</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selections! I love that Clinique lotion

    x

    www.insidein-insideout.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Longest flight that I've experienced was 5 hours (when I was studying in China), so I don't take much things with me on the plane. My essentials would be earphone (must!), lipblam, pack of tissues and warm cardigan. Anyway, welcome back! Are you home already? I stay in Bali also :D


    http://janefromtheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina SimontonJanuary 1, 2015 at 10:50 AM

    These are great tips because I'm going on a pretty long plane ride in February! Very helpful. <3

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really enjoyed this post, I think moisturizer and minimal make up is key on a flight, especially long ones! Hope you have a nice time :)

    Karis X
    karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. My skin always turn awful whenever I neglect skincare on a long haul flight! I hope you find this somewhat helpful! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! It works amazingly for my skin! x

    ReplyDelete