Sunday, December 21, 2014

Let's Talk About: Blogging and University


This is something that I wanted to talk about for a little while now. Last November, I announced that I'll be taking a 3-week-break for finals. I started focusing on my blog last summer and it grew so much more than the past 2 years that I was "trying to blog". When Fall semester comes around, the assignments are more time consuming and I found balancing university and blogging is harder.

It takes time to think bout a post, take a good photo for it, and write it. I've written some crappy content in the past and now I understand the concept of blogging more, I want to give the best one I can. I take my classes very seriously and it's my priority because it's what I want to do in the future as a job and going to university is the reason why I'm in this beautiful city in the first place. 

If you're wondering, I'm majoring in Fashion Merchandising but I'm transferring to another major next  semester, still in fashion but not just not merchandising. It's fun and interesting, unfortunately, it wasn't creative enough for me. I find myself not feeling inspired and stuck on days, after thinking for months, I finally decided I want to change my major to something more creative but not everybody gets it. I learned a lot with the merchandising classes and they won't go to waste.

I will try to do blogging alongside university next semester!

-Sophia

12 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry: school's the most important thing at this point in your life: go for it and hard work'll pay off. X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I'm having the same situation as you to be honest!

    I live in England so the education is slightly different but I'm in my final year of school before University and trying to keep up with my school work and blog is crazy!

    So i know how you feel, but good luck with everything and I would really appreciate it if you had time to take a look at my blog :)

    http://betsyloopylou.blogspot.co.uk/



    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is a lot of hard work, You need to be really determined to make it work.. Good luck with everything.
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging & school are both time consuming. Sometimes you just have to decide which you put more time into. Have a great next semester. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria NightingaleDecember 22, 2014 at 3:39 PM

    It's hard to fit blogging in with uni, especially as they both take up so much time :)


    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your final year, you can do this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is, it's a huge commitment.. Thank you, Mingaile! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They really are! Thank you so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I really need to learn more on time management, haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. To be honest, I'm still working on this myself.. but I think scheduling posts really helps! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck dear! good post!

    Bangs Bang

    ReplyDelete