Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Burberry Effect


Wow, I haven't done a beauty related post in so long! And no, there's no Burberry product in here (I wish though). I love looking at fashion shows and there's one look in particular that has been on my mind since the last Fashion Week: Burberry Spring/Summer 2015 look, the glowy skin with the red lips *sigh* Ever since I saw the makeup look last year ( and especially after I saw the official Burberry tutorial here), all I can think about was 'I can't wait for Spring to arrive and try on this look!' I know it's not Spring yet, but the weather has been so lovely lately that I just had to give this look a shot.

As I mentioned in my January favorites post, I have been in love with the Tarte foundation, it gives amazing coverage but it's light weight and it still looks very natural. For my post jet lag under eye circles, I use my Bare Minerals concealer that I have been using for quite a while now, it works wonders for me. Another key to the look is the glowy skin which is why I sometimes add Well-Rested by Bare Minerals (that I actually got in a set with my concealer) on the high points of my face or just any highlighter that I've got around. After being done with all that, I realize, oh dear, I look very pale and dead, and that my friends, is where Honey Bronzer from The Body Shop that my aunt got me as a Christmas gift saves the day! Most of the time, I won't bother with blushers because I think having a bold red lip and blusher at the same time is a little bit too much. I use Naked2 Basics palette for my brows and eyes. For my eyes, I simply have Cover from the same palette all over the lid, Skimp at the inner corners of my eyes, and Undone on my lash line. And for my brows, I use mix Undone and Primal. My eyelashes are basically nonexistent and they are extremely straight (like a toilet brush) so of course, I need a good amount of mascara on my eye lashes. Last but certainly not least, the star of the show, the red lip, and here I use Revlon Matte Balm in Striking, I love the minty feeling and the matte finish of this lip crayon.

It's so simple and wearable, not something that you see all the time on the runway. I often change the red lip with other colors as well, because red lips are not the most practical when you're going out to eat. 

Would you wear this look?

-Sophia

23 comments:

  1. I would totally wear this look! Its such a classic look that never gets old! Brilliant post :)) xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Naked pallette, and I really want to try the Body Shop bronzer! I've heard such good reviews, so I think that'll be my next purchase. Really enjoyed this post :)

    http://karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk/

    Karis Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the tutorial! I can't wait to try it.


    Aissa // tea in january

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that tarte foundation as well!


    xx danielle // shadesofdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Burberry look. I'm definitely going to try it out. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!


    Sincerely,
    sarahjaihelee.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it gorgeous? I can't stop looking at the pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so amazing, totally worth the hype! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Naked palette is so easy to use! TBS bronzer are amazing, you should definitely get your hands on them! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely loved the look of this makeup when I first saw it! I haven't tried replicating it yet though, these are some amazing products! The Tarte foundation gets so much love. Definitely one I want to try!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would totally wear this look! As it's currently summer where I live I adore any make-up look that incorporates a red lip. Excellent post, will totally try and re-create this!

    Holly x

    http://thechroniclesofholly.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god, I just watched the video and that look is amazing! It's crazy how the most simple or minimal look can look so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also a fan of the revlon lip balm!
    www.lumublog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the NAKED Basics palette #1 that I have... but wish I had #2 instead haha - there's more midtoned shades! Great post, I'd definitely wear this look.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would totally wear this! I've been loving glowy skin and red lips too. I really want to get my hands on the Naked Basics 2, I just LOVE cool-toned eyeshadows.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen the Burberry looks but I would definitely use these since I already use the Naked Basics palettes! Thanks for sharing!


    Katherine Lou
    http://www.wanderhour.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neutral eyeshadows and colorful lips are a must in my everyday life so, I will absolutely try this makeup!

    Have a nice weekend.xx
    http://free-spirit-lifestyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them, they feel so nice and they stay put so well! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you enjoyed the post, you totally should check out the video! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Naked Basics 2 Palette looks really nice, I use the first one and I reach for it nearly every single day.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. The amazonian clay will be my next. I've always wanted one with more natural coverage...one that lasts. Thanks for the brief review.

    ReplyDelete