Saturday, February 14, 2015

Smells Like Home



Ahhh, here's a random post of the week for you. First of all, Happy Valentine's Day! What are you up to? Spending the day with special someone? Or like me, doing my homework and sipping tea, enjoying the "calm" week (not too many assignments this week, hurrah!) Secondly, bad news, I lost my camera remote. I've been searching all over my room but I still can't find it, it's so frustrating. And it's also the reason I haven't post any OOTD's, I'll try to do a major room clean up again and hopefully I can find it this time. I'm sure some of you know how important that little remote is when it comes to taking pictures *sigh. Okay, that's enough, let's go straight to what the post is about.

I brew a cup of coffee last week and the smell instantly reminded me of home. After not seeing my family for almost a whole year and then only to see them just for a short month, I have to say, it was not enough. When I got back to San Francisco, I suddenly felt really lonely, it was just too quiet and I got bored really quickly. It was the little things that got me the most; the sound of my dad watching TV at night at the living room while I try to sleep in the bedroom my sister and I share, or simply having great company around to talk to. Studying abroad can suck sometimes. Because I felt particularly homesick that day, I decided to do something that reminded me of home: brewing a cup of coffee. Which does help (it's a little bit embarrassing to say that, it's not even a whole month yet); the smell calms me down and on the plus side, it tasted amazing  even though I became incredibly alert and hyper for the next few hours.

So again, happy Valentin's Day, tell someone you love them and grateful for them. And don't just on Valentine's day, everyday is a good day to appreciate one another.

Have a wonderful day!

-Sophia

13 comments:

  1. You'll find your camera remote in the most unexpected place... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I don't necessarily study abroad or live far away from home as you do, studying away from home is always hard! Luckily there are so many ways to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the whole homesickness thing...thing is I only live an hour away from home! It's so bad haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope so, no luck so far :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I adore your photography. About your remote: stop searching! My experience is: if you stop searching you'll find it lying around, eventually. Much love, Sjoukje

    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photography (as always) and really enjoyed reading this post :)

    Karis Xx

    karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! That always happens, I bet it will show up by the time I give up and buy a new one, haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Karis! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I found your blog, love it :)
    Homesickness sucks. I can relate to you, I'm super close to my family, and I'm not even that far away from home, it's a 3 hour train journey... But yes, it helps doing things that remind you of home :) And I hope you find your remote! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh I love this photo! I have been studying like crazy the past few weeks too!! For Valentines Day I studied and watched movies all day with my husband! Sometimes its nice to just relax!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Joana! Your blog is so lovely too, glad you left a comment! I can't wait for them to come over and visit me! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! Glad you had a relaxing Valentine's day! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome! Thank you, I'm happy you liked it!! And I hope you have a great time when they visit you :) x

    ReplyDelete