It's time for another favorites (an early one)! January has come to an end and I'm back in San Francisco now, jet lagged and all that. I spent most of January in Bali and I enjoy every single second of it, it's really nice to be able to spent some time with my family and friends who I haven't seen in almost a year, and I miss them already – okay, that's enough, don't get too deep here.
1. Minolta SRT-101 – No brainer for this one, I've always wanted a film camera and I've been waiting the right moment to make the purchase it. I used 2 rolls already, I can't wait to see the results!
2. Stradivarius shoes – Stradivarius is a store that I call danger zone because it's almost impossible for me to walk out the store empty handed, especially when they're having a sale. First of all, they are patent. Second, they are super comfortable! I wore them almost everyday every since I bought them (you can see them here)
3. Zara shorts – I tried these jeans on last summer, I think, but I didn't buy them right away, I told myself to think about it and see how I feel about them. And guess what, I couldn't stop thinking about them and when I went back to the store, yup, you guessed it, they're not there anymore *groans in frustration* this happens to me all the damn time. But then, I was shopping online and saw them and bam, bought it. They are so comfortable and they go with everything, basically the only shorts I wore in Bali.
4. Glasses – I have awful eyesights, I wear contacts on daily basis since I was in 8th grade. I got the frame from Urban Outfitters because I love the tortoise shell effect and they're not too big for me! So when I was back home (the day before I got my wisdom tooth pulled out), I finally got my prescription lenses installed.
5. Foil tattoos – It's summer 24/7 in Bali which was a great reason to have temporary tattoos. My sister and I was completely obsessed!
6. Book by mcmurs – I bought this book in December when I was on my trip to Jogjakarta with my family. I found this gorgeous handmade book at the Vredeburg fortress, I haven't written anything in it yet but I have some ideas of what I'm going to do with it.
7. Rings – Also something I got from my trip to Jogjakarta, one of them is a midi ring and the other one is just a normal ring, I'll definitely going to show their details in another post. They were made from silver and I got them for such good prices. The best part is I don't have to take them off when I'm washing my hands and they won't turn into some ugly color.
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation – That's right, I splurged. I've been debating on investing in a good base, and I asked for a sample from Sephora for this foundation. I was so happy with the result and I bought the full size product, the price was quite steep for me, but it's worth it. It doesn't break me out, doesn't feel heavy, and it looks very natural, what more could I ask for?
9. Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner – Yes, I'm bringing the winged liner back in my life thanks to my sister who introduced me to this eyeliner. It has brush tip instead of felt tip, which I really appreciate – me and felt tip just don't get along very well. It was super affordable and it works so much better than my old eyeliner. It's not the perfect eyeliner, it smears when I rub my eyes but well, it does an amazing job for now.
10. Business card – That's right, I have a business card that I designed. I've been putting it off for so long and I finally did it when I was back home. It's so satisfying just to look at it. Who am I going to give it to? I have no idea but hey, it's good to be prepared, right?
11. Watch – This last item has a special spot for me. It's not the trendiest design and it doesn't look the coolest, but it was my mum's. I got the chains adjusted to my wrist and changed the battery. I think it's simple, and will go with most things.
What have you been loving this month?